Ignore the crappy phone picture but I needed some visual representation. They taste MUCH better than I make them look! And for 103.2 calories a muffin? Yes please!
Low Fat Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 ¼ cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup sugar substitute (or regular white sugar)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup rolled oats
½ tsp table salt
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
2. Mix pumpkin, spice, vanilla and sugar together then add beaten egg (or egg whites) and set aside.
3. Mix together remaining dry ingredients in a separate (larger) bowl.
4. Combine mixtures together and mix. Add applesauce and mix until combined.
5. Gently mix in chocolate chips.
6. Grease muffin tins and fill approximately 2/3 full.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes (until not gooey in the middle)
Number of Servings: 12
The link also has all of the nutritional information, so check it out!